012: You’ve set up your website, now what? Part II
In part one, episode 4, we talked about why it’s important to start with setting up Google Analytics.
In today’s part II, we’re going to dive into the specifics. Setting up analytics to read from search console, set up a report, a goal. Dive a little into Tag Manager, using Jenn’s site to track her downloads.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to set up a dashboard and send reports via Google Analytics.
- What search terms your website is coming up for.
- How to exclude your own visits from Google Analytics.
- How to exclude spam referral sites.
- How to track downloads and external links with Google Tag Manager.
- A fun way to view ALL THE DATA!
You’ve set up your website, now what? Part I – https://thedigitalcafepodcast.com/004-youve-set-up-your-website-now-what
Google Analytics – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web
Google Search Console – https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
Jenn’s Google Data Studio Dashboard – https://datastudio.google.com/open/12AjZk8sJiidDwdeTVcMi2kqCJSgwwwh8
Podcast Video – https://youtu.be/QVO5KwYD0GE